Thursday, June 25, 2009

A quick little note/complaint....

Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen opened nation wide this week I've been eagerly awaiting it. I've watched trailers just to get excited, I've read whos acting in it, I've followed the rumors and now that it has been released and I've seen it I have to say WOW! I loved it. It was awesome. It was robots kicking the crap out of other robots. It was a little romance (but not to much). It was just plain COOL!

What I am sick of though and where my complaint comes in is why in the world are the critics slamming this movie? I mean what are they expecting when they see it? It's a summer action flick by the king of summer action flicks. It's not an Oscar movies, it was never meant to be. It's not Shakespear, it's not high art. It's just a movie about robots beating up other robots. There is a mild plot but I'm not wanting plot I'm wanting more of Prime ramming his sword through Decepticons in the forest. I'm wanting more of Megatron growling, "I can smell you...Boy!" or "Come here Boy!". In the end that is exactly what this movie gives me. It is bringing my childhood to the big screen just as Spider-Man, X-men, Iron Man, and Star Wars has done! It rocks! So to all those professinal critics AND the amatuer upset fanboys out there I say lighten up! Relax and go rewatch it and quit worrying about plot and character development. Just enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment