Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Addiction...

So I was just over at Lili St.Crow's blog (it's a good read if you get a chance you should go check it out)and she was mentioning an addiction to the internet. I got to thinking about this and realized that I am trully addicted to the internet and I wonder why? I mean I subscribe to Facebook but I haven't been on there is ages. I don't subscribe to Twitter so I'm wondering what my excuse is. I have several emails to check each day from School to work to personal. I check my fantasy baseball team and a bevy of blogs from authors to bike riders to editors. It just seems to suck the time right out of a day. You turn it on at 8 in the morning and before you know it BAM its noon and nothing productive has been done! No writing, no homework....nothing!

Well yesterday I had had it, so I shut the whole laptop down and went to Jack in the Box and ended up writing with pen and paper. I went old school folks and you know what it was great...except for a serious case of wrist cramp about 45 minutes in! I'll sit down and input some of it into the "Story to be named later". I felt really productive and while I doubt the word count was very high it was nice to get it out without interuptions of the internet kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment